Monday, September 15, 2008

5 Years.. and counting

Married: 09/06/03
How did we meet: We went to a singles ward retreat.

While we were dating
Did you think that this was the person you were going to marry? How long before you knew?
Z: It only took me several days to realize i would marry her.
M: Within only a few weeks, i realized i was comfortable around him. He joked about taking me somewhere for our honeymoon. I pretty much agreed to it then.
Did you like their family?
Z: Yes. I knew her family before I really even knew her. I was best friends with her older brother
M: Yes. It took a bit to get to know them and to not be intimidated by them. I love them!
Who said I love you first?
Zach

Day we got married
How was the weather?
It was perfect. Warm sun, cool breeze

Where did you get married?
The Salt Lake Temple

How was the reception?
It was low key and fun. We did not have a line. We mingled. We had a DJ and did a lot of dancing with friends and family.


Looking back
What is something you learned about the other person that helps you live with them everyday?
Z: Toilet seat down and jewelry solves most problems (the more expensive the better)
M: He is super sensitive, use kind words. He has a bad memory, remind him often, if it is super important, do it myself.

Biggest accomplishment?
Z: My son, furthering my career and buying a house
M: Having a family and buying a house

Biggest pet peeve?
Z: She does not really cook.
M: He leaves his nail clippings places around the house.

What do you guys have most in common?
Humor and love for our families

What do you guys have least in common?
Music is the biggest thing. We are pretty much opposites in a lot of other areas.

Where do you see yourselves in another 5 years?
Z: At least one more monkey.
M: Bigger family. Possibly being a stay at home mom.



4 comments:

Annalyn said...

Congrats! Fun to read your comments about each other. Here's to another five years!

Katie said...

That was so sweet! Congrats on 5 years and here's to many, many more!

Theresa said...

Congratulations! I am always reminding Jeff to put the toilet seat down...1) because when it is up the dog drinks out of it, 2) the cat will fall in or drink out of it, 3) I don't want to fall in either! Here's to many more years together!

Seivert/Webb Family said...

FIVE YEARS?

WHOA.