Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It is almost time...

Through all of the stress of buying a house and trying to fix it up... I think that it is actually time to move in. (well at least this weekend, I hope!).



We closed on the house at the beginning of July. So it has almost been 2 months. I had NO idea that it would take this long. Ha! I guess that is because I have never owned a home. The kitchen is the only room that is "holding us up".

There were times I had to pretty much beg and plead for people to come over and help at certain points. We did not have the know how or the tools to do some of the work. We were at the mercy of others. I want to personally thank you.

My mom, my dad, and Zach's sister - you guys help watch Corbin from time to time during these passed couple of months. There was no way we would have been able to get things done with him there.
Zach's mom - from baby sitting to pulling carpet pad staples. You helped so much. We will miss living with you.
My sisters and little brother - building cabinets to painting and hanging cabinets. Don't quit your day jobs. (love you. haha)
Zach's brothers, sisters, and in laws - It was good to have you there and helping.
Our nephews - What hard workers. Coming to bust their butts and help with a lot of physical work.
Matt, Shawn, and Wogi - what great friends! spending your free time with us.
Shawn's mom - You let us borrow your truck and helped us with supplies needed for the house. We got an awesome deal on paint. You rock and Zach is lucky to have you as a second mom.
Sonya - You painting goddess! Taking time out of your super busy week to help me understand the space I had to work with. Your input was wonderful and I smile every time I walk in my house. I hope to see you soon. I miss your beautiful smile!
David - I can't thank you enough. We happened to be stuck between a rock and a hard place and you were able to step in and help. From ideas, to tools, and even some of your time. I truly value your friendship. I {heart} you! (haha - makes you feel like you are stuck in high school doesn't it?)
Charlie - You truly are a do it all kind of guy. Thanks to you, I have a working sink and dishwasher.
Our electrician - What an awesome job!
Our new neighbors - The John's Family - For being our friends from the very first day. Helping us when we needed a truck. Giving us tools and some of your time.

Last but not least....
My husband - He has put up with me during my emotional breakdowns. Coordinated all of the help and workers. Worked long hours at work and long hours after work. It looks amazing, you have done a great job. LOVE YOU.

I am gathering all of the pictures (which is sad to say, not many) that show the progress that has been made over the passed month and a half. I will update them once we are done.

I kinda want to keep the surprise for the open house. We will see.

1 comment:

Schwartz Family said...

Hey!!! I didnt know you were a part of the blogging world! LOL I'm new and I dont know how to find people. Good to hear from you!